iPhoto - Can photos be deleted off HDD from an album?

mweier

Pixel Farmer
I love iPhoto for organizing my photos & doing some basic retouching (when Photoshop doesn't need to come in for heavy digital darkroom). However, I often find that I sort things into Albums & then realize that some of the photos could really be deleted (e.g. when I bracket, when some turn out blurry, etc).

Is there any way to delete a photo from your hard drive while viewing it in its organized album? I keep having to swap back to the FULL library & then slog through thousands of photos to find the ones I want to delete.

I know they want to keep n00bs from accidentally deleting a file when they want to just remove it from the album, but what about the rest of us who are trying to keep our drives tidy? Is there any secret option-control-secret-handshake way to do this? Or does Apple want to force everyone to delete photos before making their albums?

(perhaps off topic, but I run into this same problem in iTunes deleting music tracks from within a playlist -- any tips on how to delete from HDD while browsing a playlist in iTunes would also be appreciated).

the easy first:
in iTunes you just hold option while deleting it.

in iphoto:
according to iPhoto help:
"To move a photo from a regular album or Smart Album to the Trash, press Command-Option-Delete. (This also removes the photo from the library and from every album, slideshow, and book where it appears.)"

this doesnt work for me. but maybe it's because i'm sitting with a powerbook and dont have a proper delete-key?

Back