iPhoto files

ranasta

Registered
I want to put my images, now stored in iPhoto, on a media server. When I search for the jpegs all I see in "iPhoto library" is an icon. Yes, double clicking same gets me to see them in iPhoto but I can't get the app to export them. It says "cannot create the folder..."
Where are my jpegs?
Lion 10.7 iPhoto 9.1.5

Last edited:
.... When I search for the jpegs all I see in "iPhoto library" is an icon. ...
Your photograph files are the iPhoto Library. This is a bundle somewhat like MacOS X application bundles. Like any other bundle, you may use the Finder to access everything inside via the Show Package Contents... popup menu selection. However, I strongly recommend against this. Apple converted the iPhoto Library from a simple folder/directory into a bundle because too many users damaged their Libraries.

You might move the Library bundle to the server and then place an alias of the bundle on the server at the location of the original Library. However, you should archive the original Library at another location. You do not have to load your photographs in the Libray. iPhoto gives you the option of managing your photographs manually. This means that you may download your photographs directly to the server.

Back