Iphoto Issues After Archive And Install

sailing fool

Registered
Thanks in advance for the help. I've recently run into some issues with my Airport Extreme card, and these issues have led to iPhoto problems. Airport Extreme was causing the blue screen of death. Once I removed it and did an Archive and Install, I was able to reinstall it and it starts up fine now.

Now iPhoto won't launch. I have no issues with any other programs, and the Airport Extreme card is still running along fine. iPhoto will bounce around on the dock, then either not open at all or open, but only the menu bar can be seen, no other echo of iPhoto opens. The photo directory in \pictures has most, but not all of the photos that I left in there prior to the archive and install, but they're all jumbled up in their folders, assigned to the wrong date/time folder for some reason. (I've backed them up, just included that as a symptom).

I'm running OS X.2.8, 256 MB of ram on a 2003 Powerbook G4 12", and have updated all the software and firmware updates my software updater brings up. The "about iPhoto" info says i'm using version 1.1.1, which seems weird since I believe I was using iPhoto 4 prior to the archive and install. I have run repair disk from both the hard drive and the install cd, to no avail.

Well, after that opus, I look forward to your recommendations.

Back