iphoto issues

csmith01

Registered
This is my first post, I hope someone can assist me and that I am posting in the right category.

---

I recently purchased a macbook white and I adore it, however I just experienced my first software problem.

Upon trying to upload a picture I had saved in my photo booth to iphoto a window popped up. It stated "the photo library needs to be upgraded to work with this version of iphoto." This window keeps appearing now every time I try to upgrade photos or open iphoto. The problem is when I click upgrade Iphoto closes and another window pops up stating, "the application i photo quit unexpectedly after it was relaunched". I was hoping someone could tell me where to go in making my iphoto run correctly, and actually open.

(If it means anything I did do a lot of software upgrading yesterday, I'm not sure if that's playing a role, I did not notice it to do so though)

Thank, Catherine.

I am having the exact same issue as Catherine. I get the error message "this photo library needs to be upgraded to work with this version of iPhoto" giving me a choice to "Upgrade" or "Quit". However, after about two seconds (regardless of what whether I choose to upgrade, or simply do nothing) I am told that "The application iPhoto quit unexpectedly." I can "Ignore", "Report..." or "Relaunch". Ignoring and reporting gets me nowhere, and relaunching takes me back to the first error message.

I don't know if eric2006's post helped you but it hasn't helped me. Doing this takes me takes me always to the same initial error message. Elsewhere, I have read about rebuilding the photo library by holding down the alt and command keys and clicking the iphoto program, and yet always after about 2 seconds I am told that the "application has quit unexpectedly". I have tried deleting "com.apple.iPhoto.plist" as suggested elsewhere, but this makes no difference.

What can I try next?

You could try repairing permissions via disk utility to see if the resolves the issue. If not try logging in as another user and see if the problem still occurs, this will determine if the application is at fault.

If this works move your iPhoto library from its default location which will force iPhoto to create a clean one and then ctrl+click your old library and select Show Package Contents and there should be a folder called Originals with all you images in. Copy that out and then re-import.

Hope this helps.

Back