Iphoto, Itunes Sharing Has Stopped Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

isb0459

Registered
I have a PowerMac running iPhoto as a server (sharing) through a wireless router/firewall that I opened to port 8770. Then I have a wireless laptop running iPhoto as a client. I was able to see the shared photos in the Source pane of iPhoto running on the laptop usually a few seconds after starting the application. Then something changed.
Now the shared source does not show up in the Source pane, and so I cannot see the photos on the server. I haved checked the iPhoto preferences, and inspected the network to see that port 8770 is in fact open on both the laptop and the server. The same problem now exists for iTunes. I no longer see my music share in the Source pane.
I noted the following other weirdness -- the failure of iPhoto and iTunes may have occurred after a reboot of the server machine or wireless router (power blackouts have occurred also). Also I find that the LAN hostname of the server on the wireless network which is provided by the wireless router administrative software, no longer is recognized on the laptop. Strangely, the local hostname is in effect locally on both the laptop and the server, but to open a shared disk in Finder I have to use the LAN IP address.
It seems like a networking problem, but I don't see what the problem could be. No configurations have changed on the applications, the PowerMac server or the wireless router, that I'm aware of anyway.

I did not figure out what was wrong; but, I resolved the problem by restoring factory defaults in the wireless router and reentering all the configuration data and router entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back