iPhoto organizes as horribly as iTunes?

isolder

Registered
When I first did the organize my music in iTunes I found that it threw my songs every which direction in various folders according to album, genre, etc.

Fortunately, iTunes had an option to disable this.

Then comes iPhoto..

It copies all my images to its own library area and then organizes them into year and month folders.. I mean come on.. I already organized every photo by event.

I don't want it throwing my images into all these little month and year folders..

Is there any way to turn this crud off? I like iPhoto's simplicity but the photo import / organization sucks..

Two things right off come to my mind: the first is don't allow iPhoto to open when you connect your camera to your computer. That way you can sort through your photos and add them to your own folders, and then add them to iPhoto (note: don't use the import function).

Second: iPhoto allows you to add libraries to your list. So instead of sorting your photos by folder, let iPhoto do that, and then sort through them using libraries in the program.

Just some ideas. Maybe you can turn off auto-sort though. I havn't looked into it much.

Back