Iphoto Photo Library, Application Missing

jennifermoore

Registered
When I attempted to open the iPhoto program, I was unable to do so and I received the following message:

"Your Photo Library was not found. Would you like to find your Photo Library? iPhoto can’t continue without a Photo Library. Make sure the disk containing your Photo Library is connected."

What's wrong? Help!

Thank you,
Jennifer Moore

Hi jennifer

seems like you iPhoto library is missing from your picture folder and the iPhoto folder usually located in documents is not there either.

please provide more infos as to which OS and version of iPhoto you have it could help guide you better and also woul suggest to use the search feature of this forum here is an example of what you're likely to find

I guess so. I can't open the program to find it; I get the "library not found" message when I try to open it. Any suggestions?

I am using OS X and iPhoto 4.

What version of OS X are you using?
Mac OS X Public Beta
Mac OS X v10.0 (Cheetah)
Mac OS X v10.1 (Puma)
Mac OS X v10.2 "Jaguar"
Mac OS X v10.3 "Panther"
Mac OS X v10.4 "Tiger"

Look here;

User>Library>Pictures

Is iPhoto Library folder in there?

I'm using 10.3 (Panther). I can't even open the application. It tells me that it can't continue without a photo library and that a photo library was not found. None of the drop-down menus are available.

Open your Hard Drive. You'll see 'Users'. Open your User name>then the Pictures folder.

This is NOT in iPhoto. It's in your Home (User) folder.

Jennifer, try this:
When you open the finder (arrow "1"), then click on "pictures" (arrow "2"), do you see "iPhoto Library" (circle/oval "3)?

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 11
Thank you very much! I did find them there. I am still learning OS X, so I appreciate the tutorial. How can I fix the problem of the iPhoto program not opening? I don't think there is another program with OS X to edit photos, is it? I don't understand why it won't let me into the application. I tried connecting my digital camera and it won't recognize it.

Thank you, again, for your help.

Trash the iPhoto Preference file, then try opening iPhoto.

The file is 'com.apple.iphoto.plist'

It's located here;

YourUserFolder>Library>Preferences

Try holding down the option key and reluanch iphot. You will be prompted to chose a library or make a new one. if you are sure that your library is there, check for it in your pictures folder first, click on choose library and navigate to it. If your full library is there you will be up and running in no time.

Back