iPhoto Printing available in Europe

diablojota

Doctoral Student
http://www.macrumors.com/

Macrumors is reporting that:
Photo and Album Printing have been activated in iPhoto (for UK customers and presumably most of Europe).

These features allows iPhoto users to turn their pictures into physical prints and photo albums for enjoyment away from the computer.

Originally available only for U.S. customers, Steve Jobs announced in January that Photo Books and Prints would become available in Europe in March.

Well, I've just tried it and it isn't available! I hope this isn't just an iPhoto 4 'feature'! Other UK users have it working.

How far through the proccess did you get. I got to the bit where I had to set my account up for 1 click (because I didnt hace that already) but it would only let custmers in US and Canada continue. The drop down menu only had these to countries in it! Where did mac rumors get this story from - has a source actualy managed to order a book and if it is enabled - why has apple anounced it itself? but since I dont actualy want a book right now Im not to bothered although it would be cool to have that option in the future.

I know this is a bit off topic but does any1 know if iphoto 3 is avalible to download any where or do you have to buy it like v4?

Nope still only get US and Canada using my Apple ID (it knows full well I'm in the UK!)

It sounds like it may be only available for people using the latest version. I am not sure, but it appears that way.

uoba said:
The option to do the order is there, but only gives US and Canada options.

It's confirmed (MacNN), I need iPhoto 4 (£50 for iLife) if I want this feature! :mad: :mad:

Did the US and Canada users *need* iPhoto 4 to print to Kodak? No?

What the hell! Apple spots a chance to short-change us UK users again! :mad: ... (Hey, they really want this feature, so lets make it iPhoto4 only, then they'll upgrade 'cause they want it so bad!!!!)

Arrgghhh!

You could buy it through the US Apple store. With the exchange rate for the US $ to the pound you should get it for 25 pounds.

I hardly think it'd be £25 after shipping (and any possible taxes). Still, £25 (£25-£50) for an application I've already got (I don't need the rest in iLife)! Apple are fast mastering the art of Indian-giving.

I dont need and cant even use garageband and the idvd but i would sure like the new version of iphoto or even v3 (is there a v3 of iPhoto?) and I am definatly not spending £50 on ilife '04 if i can only use 3 of the apps and WILL only use 2! wish they were avalible seperatly? and why is it v4 anyway theres no real sense the option is there they've just been snydy and not enabled it in the UK! (and the rest of EU)

I'm surprised how many people are on here complaining about needing iPhoto 4 for this "feature" to work, that blasted me for "whining" about how Apple was trying to force-feed high-priced upgrades to me by making Safari, X11, iChat AV 2.1, etc. etc. Panther-only... Apple keeps doing this because people keep accepting it as being Just Fine with us.

If I could print to Kodaks service through iTunes 4, I'd be more than happy since it's free, and a music player ;)

However, this iPhoto feature is in the free version 2, and works in the USA and Canada in version 2. So, logically, it should work in version 2 everywhere else?

I would find it very hard to stomach if Apple claimed it has to be v4 because the feature wouldn't work in v2, because we know that it does.

This is not similar to an new version of Safari not working in Jag for instance (the case would have to be that the latest Safari works in Jag over in North America, but you need to upgrade to Panther to allow to work in Europe!)

i just got iphoto 4 (from a friend who had ilife '04) and its still not working? dont know why i dont even get to the point where its asking me for my apple id all it does is create the book I want. The pop up window (which used to appear in iPhoto 2.0) doesnt appear, nothig else happens, what do i do to order it??? any ideas? I also tried the order prints option nothing happens???

Did you select (click) on at least one photo first... when I tried it, if you didn't select a photo, it assumes you want to order all photos to print (I have about 500 in there, so it freaked out!)

uoba said:
Did you select (click) on at least one photo first... when I tried it, if you didn't select a photo, it assumes you want to order all photos to print (I have about 500 in there, so it freaked out!)
ye i tried one photo and then a few of them same... nothing its more the books thats I am anoyed about I can order the prints from any where but the boks are good and I would like the option seeing how I have iphoto 4 now and it has only just became avalible.

1) There's already been a "whine about how Apple are screwing me with iLife" thread.

2) Is there any confirmation of printing for the UK from Apple yet? There doesn't appear to be anything on Apple UK site. Maybe people should wait until it's official before complaining, at least then you'll know if it's justified.

monktus said:
1) There's already been a "whine about how Apple are screwing me with iLife" thread.

So this is another one.

2) Is there any confirmation of printing for the UK from Apple yet? There doesn't appear to be anything on Apple UK site. Maybe people should wait until it's official before complaining, at least then you'll know if it's justified.

If MacWorld.co.uk announce that it's *NOW AVAILABLE* then I take that as being *NOW AVAILABLE*. If MacNN tells me that it's reported as iPhoto 4 only, then I'm gonna believe it until otherwise (and from experience trying with v2, this gives me some sort of empirical knowledge of the case!)

I'll be the first to renounce my anger and call myself a d1ck if it turns out v2 works... maybe Apple will give an announcement, but I don't reckon they gonna say 'oh, and we just flicked the version 2 switch on for ya!'.

Back