iPhoto question

Tetano

Registered
When I came back from my last travel, I downloaded my photos on my girlfriend PB, then, since the memory card of my camera was almost full, erased them all. Yesterday I transfer the jpeg files from her computer to mine using personal file sharing, and now I'm trying to import them in iPhoto for some minor modifications, but strangely it's not working, giving an error message in which telling that the files are corrupted or not recognized... anyone can explain why?

You downloaded the photos via iPhoto or a card reader? Have you tried opening them with an app such as photoshop? Have you made sure that it's not the thumbnails but the original photos you're trying to open? Are the photos stil in her iPhoto? If so, try exporting them to a folder and then move them over and see if that helps.

On her PB, i downloaded reading the card using the USB cable of the camera (Mac compatible)... I don't know why, but she doesn't like iPhoto.... Other apps, like preview, photoshop, safari, open the images perfectly...

I tried to open the pics in preview and export them in other formats to see if they can be imported in iPhoto.... nothing.... when I try to save, there's a error message telling that the file can't be saved, without other explanation... :confused:

Fix the permissions. (select and show info). you probably dont have the permission to change these images so you will have to give yourself these permissions using you girlfriens password.
this happens a lot of times when copying stuff through the "shared"-folder.

I've checked, but the owner is already my user, and I have the permissions to read and write.. I've checked also using the terminal, and the permissions are -rwxrwxrwx... is this ok, or is there something wrong?

Is Owner grayed out, and is there a little closed lock next to it? If so click on the lock to open it, this might help.

Nothing, it isn't working... I'm starting to think that I will continue open them in preview...

well, the app is really nice, but I've solved the iPhoto problem... Don't know why, but the iPhoto library folder had became read only for me, so I fixed the permission and now I've imported everything... thanx anyway!

Back