iPhoto questions: deleted versions sneak back in!

George3

Registered
I copied half of my iPhoto collection (sitting on an eMac) onto a DVD and fed it to my iMac operating on OS X 10.6.6 with a matching iLife. When I looked at the result I saw that the collection included twice as many photos, the remainder being deleted versions of the iPhotos. By default, my photos are organized in rolls, and each roll has three non-identical but overlapping collections, with the final versions being strewn all over the three.

Questions: Is there a way to just copy parts of iPhoto without all the deleted versions tagging along? And how do you mass-delete selected images from iPhoto? Thanks!

iPhoto's default behavior is not to delete anything. When you edit a photograph, iPhoto saves the original. The edited version is a copy. When you "delete" a photograph, you really just remove it from your display library. The original remains.

So how to remove all the gazillion "deletes" that will soon clog up my hard disk and bring the whole system down, hence returning me to the stone ages?

Back