iPhoto runs slow on iBook/600/256

are you sure? maybe i will try it on my iMac/400/512 later.

but i found that whenever i choose any albums/photos library, it takes quite a long time to load. just unlike GraphicConverter's speed.

by the way, i think G4 will run better!

Also, resize the images preview is slow on my iBook! :(

Anyway, all the 2D stuffs in OS X is slow... I think Apple will tweak either iPhoto or OS X!

G3 is still at the same level of P!!!.

when i saw steve in the keynote resizising the pictures i thought that it was going to be sluggish cause he was without a doubt using top of the line hardware, compared to my nowadays modest 450 cube but to my great surprise it was fast. And its really a great piece of software now wheres my digital camera!!!

Picture resizing is "slow" here, too. Slow as in any other app like this, ACDSee etc. Actually, it is even faster than others. At first, I also though that it was slower than what was presented on the keynote, but if you take a close look at the keynote, watch how incredibly slow he resizes! This is why it looks smooth. When he did it faster, it also was a bit choppy. Then again, when I saw how fast IE popped up, it showed that this clearly was a "fresh" optimized system, propably a Dual 800 with SCSI and GeForce3. I think the speed is OK, I haven't seen other apps doing it better.

Originally posted by martijnvandijk
Maybe it means that your iBook is not optimized?

Optimizing/pre-binding was part of the install.

I have an iBook 500 (icebook) and I find iPhoto to be a little slow but I can deal with it. Resizing isn't smooth, import of my old photo collection and exports to quicktime take a while. However, I still really like my mac experience.

iPhoto doesn't lose it's cool standing with me just because it's jumpy sometimes.

Yeah, I mean it could be faster but remember it's only in it's first version. And our iBooks are now the only Apple's that still come with a G3, so we can't expect everything to run like a champ. For me, it works good enough that it doesn't bother me. I really can't complain because I'm probably going to be using this iBook for the rest of my college carrer (another 2 years?).

Macs are always slow, but that's ok, since you guys are so used to be with dummy computers that most of you are now at the computers same pace, so speed shouldn't be an issue for mac users :)

Originally posted by ManicDVLN
Macs are always slow, but that's ok, since you guys are so used to be with dummy computers that most of you are now at the computers same pace, so speed shouldn't be an issue for mac users :)

Yes, correct, Macs are the slowest computers on earth, and therefore most architects and professionals uses them.

And therefore we pay twice as much for a Mac (or, let me say, furniture), than for a PC.

I will work hard (maybe few more freelance jobs) to save more money to buy the new iMac (maybe new G5 in March/April??)!

Good luck to me!

So I will have a new desktop to replace my lovely old iMac/350(overclocked to 400)/512!

Mine runs pretty decent but remember that iphoto is still in its first version and will have performance upgrades.

Back