Iphoto Slideshow

dradosta

Registered
Hi,

I'm pretty advanced with computers in general and have limited knowledge of iPhoto. I'll try to offer as many specifics as I can - some may be irrelevant. I am using a PowerBook G4 1.57 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 30" Cinema Display set to 2560 X 1600. I am running Mac OS X v 10.4.2 and am using iPhoto version 5.0.4 (263).

I am putting together a slideshow with around 130 photos. Some of the photos are quite large in their native format (3008 X 2000 pixels). I set the 'Default Settings for the entire slideshow' using the cog settings button to play each slide for 3 seconds with a dissolve transition and the speed for the dissolve in the middle. When playing the slidewhow with the 'Slideshow Format' set to current display, the slideshow presents as expected. However, when the Slideshow format is set to '4:3 iDVD, TV' the slides play for around 6 or 7 seconds each. Is this because of the size of the photos? I read on Apple's web site that the larger the size of the file, the more trouble iPhoto has displaying them quickly.

Any advice here? My slideshow is timed beautifully to my soundtrack, but when I change the format to export to iDVD its awfull.

Thanks!

Yes, when the format is set to that mode, the slides are being resampled down to a lower resolution and as such they will be slower to load. You could try scaling the photos down to a more manageable resolution, such as 1024x768, and this should make it run much faster.

Back