iPhoto -- Smart Albums, not so smart

Vic T

Registered
Anyone else using this feature? I'm having trouble getting a smart album to work properly if I put in more than one "condition".

I have over 2000 pics in my library, maybe only a quarter of them have comments; I'm slowly slogging my way through, adding comments to each.

Decided to make use of Smart Albums as an easier way to sort, and am careful in my "comments" to use words that will help bounce the pic into a future smart album.

Well this feature is working fine if I only use one condition when I create the smart album, for example an album called "Animals" -- I use the pop ups to say match "Comments" "contains" "Cat". Any pics which I've commented with the word cat bounce right in. Yeah! But when I go to edit the Smart Album and add additional conditions, (selecting match "any", not "all") -- such as "comments" "contains" "horse" -- then BAM, the whole damn photo library bounces into the album. This happens also if I create a Smart Album and list multiple conditions at the outset. BAM whole damn library bounces in.

Very dumb. Am I not smart? WTF.

I'm running iPhoto 4.0.1 on an iBook G4, with Mac OSX 10.3.4 with a measly 256MB ram.

Back