iPhoto - where are my pix??

iBug

Registered
ok, i'm confused about imported iPhoto images. :confused:

in my user folder>pictures folder, there is an iPhoto library folder.
some of the contents of the dated folders therein are actual jpgs of pix and some of the dated folders contain no jpgs or graphic files of any type.

it seems that pix imported from my digicam are in the iPhoto library folder, and that manually imported pix from my hard drive are not in there.

does it handle them like iTunes?

does it leave manually imported pix from my hard drive where they were or does it put them in the iPhoto library?

i don't want double copies on my hd, but i am afraid to delete the original files that i imported since i can't seem to find them in the iPhoto library. :eek:

thanx gang!

:D

They're in there. Look in the iPhoto Library/2001/[month]/[day]/ folders. The "Thumb" folders merely contain thumnail pix for quick scanning of the albums. The "Albums" folder contains DATA about the Album (which pix are in which albums, what (if any) comments are added to the pix, etc.)

I have had the same decision regarding originals -- to delete or not to delete.

But, provided that iPhoto itself does not ruin photos (DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY EVIDENCE OF BAD LUCK REGARDING THIS??) you can delete the other pix (they are redundant). Also, if you edit any pix in iPhotos, I believe iPhotos creates another subfolder called "Originals" and keeps a copy of the unedited version there in case you want it back! E.g., iPhoto Library/2001/02/06/Originals/

Back