-Alarms
-Sleep Timer
-Date & Time
-Contacts
-Clicker

About:
-(same as 1.1)

There ya go! Have fun!

Also, has any noticed, but I think over all scrolling is smoother. Like when scrolling through a Contact file (or a Note if you use one of the iPod apps) it seems smoother, yet a little slower.

Hmm, anybody else notice this?

I am currently downloading v 1.2 via modem....yay!

Huh... it's taking a while..... let's look at this...

iPod 1.0.4.... 2.2 MB
iPod 1.1 .... 3.6 MB
iPod 1.2 .... 6.9 MB (what Mozilla says, anyway)

*sigh*..... It's innevitble with time.... OS Bloat Happens.

Some new features they didn't mention at MWNY:

When your iPod is plugged into your computer it's display flashes "Do Not Disconnect" and when you eject it it tells you it's OK to diconnect.

You can have your iPod remind you about calander events.

There's probably some more. Post 'um if ya' find 'um.

WOOWOO! I love iPod 1.2!

First of all... as I said before, iPod is gaining weight... and as a result, boot time is a little bit longer. Slightly annoying, but it doesn't matter, really.

Anyway... yes, it seems scrolling through text is now smoother... there are more "steps" in between when scrolling.... Love it.

The game is no longer hidden. Kinda takes away the fun of it being "secret" in the first place, but it's easier to get to, now.

Now has "Sound Check", which synchronizes with iTunes, so songs are for the most part, on the same level.... less likely to break your own ear drums. I've been using this in iTunes 3 and love it.

The clock function is an "Extra"... you have to navigate to it... i would have much prefered if they just put the dang thing right next to the battery indicator, but this is better than nothing.

Calendar functions.... Guess what? You don't need iCal! ... after exporting my Palm Desktop calendar file in "vCal" format, I put it in the "Calendars" folder, and... what do you know? Works as advertised. Nice and handy. Definitely not a PDA by any means, but handy anyway. Very easy to scroll through the weeks and see what's going on.

Contacts.... works same as before. Exported out of my Palm Desktop app as "vCard" format, and it works fine.

Also, you can now browse your music by Genres as well as Composer..... which puts unnecessary pressure on me, as now I'm having trouble figuring out what genre Barenaked Ladies is.... oh well. Maybe I should stick with Classical music, and browse by composer, eh? Wish I listend to classical music more.

Overall, a great update. Granted, my iPod still won't wash the dishes for me, but I suppose they're saving that for version 1.3. Definitely worth the 7MB download.

i feel like i missed out on something... i just bought my first iPod [on monday] and it had 1.2 on it so I didn't full appreciate all of these new features :)

But think how much money you saved compared to the rest of us. Unless you got one of those 20GB models, you scum. Oh, sorry, did that slip out? Scum. 'gotta get a 20GB model...

=)

-Rob

Originally posted by wdw_

When your iPod is plugged into your computer it's display flashes "Do Not Disconnect" and when you eject it it tells you it's OK to diconnect.

What happens if i forget and disconnect before ejecting? I seem to do that often. oops.

Also i agree that the clock should be up by the battery. That'd be nice.

And i gotta try out this alarm. Sounds interesting.

Thomas

It seams like a good update so far, only one missing feature in my mind. The feature they could have put in instead of all these others if you ask me : AAC support. But it's comming. Anyway, does anyone know what the Alarms are for? Is it to do with the calendar? If so does anyone know a good iCal alternative? Palm desktop is that free and works without a palm? ;)

palm desktop is free and functions without a palm. no idea how it relates with an ipod, but it works ok on the mac.

Just export your calenders from Palm as vCal and copy them into the iPods calender folder and it works! Also there is an option in Palm to set an alarm to remind you. This feature also works on the iPod. The alarm sounds (one beep) with or w/o headphones. You then have to acknowledge that the alarm went off in order to do anything on the iPod. Kinda cool.

Twister

Originally posted by rharder
But think how much money you saved compared to the rest of us. Unless you got one of those 20GB models, you scum. Oh, sorry, did that slip out? Scum. 'gotta get a 20GB model...

=)

-Rob

yup, i'm a scum

and my iPod is already full

The alarm rocks!!!

The iPod beeps and displays the deatils of the calander event.

It was so cool. I was sitting in front of my iMac so both iCal and my iPod reminded me about the event at the same time.:D

WDW_,

Where'd you get iCal? Are you running a beta of Jaguar.

p.s. I just got the 20GB iPod and mines already full too!!!

I see said the blind man. Looks like Ed zapped the "where'd you get it info". I was just wondering if I had missed some iCal release. I guess I can wait a couple more weeks.

I'm having issues with smart playlists on my iPod. The top 25 are in some order on my iPod but not the correct order. In iTunes #1 is Elvis and on the iPod the first song that shows up on that same playlist is Pink. It's all been synced and everything so i can't figure out my problem.

Twister

your problem is listening to Elvis more than Floyd. that ipod is smarter than you thought. :D

Back