iPod battery lasts about an hour!

If you happen to live in the Europe Union, there are some new laws protecting customers:

- Even Apple (or another vendor) is telling you that your warranty is 90 days, or one year, it is NOT.
- You have waranty for the FULL period of "reasonable economic lifecycle" of the product. For instance, this is minimal 5 years for a laundry machine, 3 yrs for a PC. The MINIMUM is set to 2 years!
- It is possible that you have to pay for shipping and handling when you send in a product which is out of the vendor's warranty, but within the 2 yrs period. But the vendor is DISALLOWED to have you pay for the actual repair / replacement of the product!

Unfortunately a lot of shops and/or vendors are still telling you that the above is true. Above laws are quite new, and the public is not very aware of it yet. Check with your local consumer respresentive organisation (De Consumentenbond in the Netherlands), they will be able to tell you all details.

Good luck and happy iPodding (mine arrived TODAY!!! I can't wait before I get home from work :D :D :D already ALL my CD's are on my iMac waiting for their final destination :p)

xegan,

Just do a search for 'Warranty' on the Apple Support website. It tells you all about the limited 1 YEAR warranty there.

Alternatively use the web based warranty repair facility as if you were going to send it back. If your iPod is registered it will tell you that it is still in warranty. Beware though. If you enter the wrong purchase date it may falsely tell you that the warranty is expired.

Rest assured though. The warranty is now one year. As for the EU, it still actually depends where you are. Not everywhere signed up to that one, my homeland for example. It would still be a year by law there though.

DC

Back