ipod complete failure

haydaryarar

Registered
hello everyone,
6 months ago itunes asked to update my ipod 5.5 gen 80gb, I accepted update that it warned me not to update before I do some windows updates. Anyway IU updated ipod without updating windows than my ipod have not started again. After black apple logo it keeps restarting itself until battery dies.
I bought a 1,8'' usb hdd enclosure to format the ipod hdd by removing the hdd from ipod and putting it into usb hdd enclosure.
My question is, How should i format the hdd and where can i find the ipod software to install in my ipod's hdd.
Thx in advance

To determine if your iPod has been restored for Macintosh or Windows, do this:

On your iPod, select Settings > About. If you're using an older iPod with older iPod software (such as iPod Software 1.x), select Settings from the main menu.
Scroll down to the bottom of the screen.
If your iPod disk is configured for Macintosh, the serial number is the last item you'll see listed in the About screen. If the disk is configured for Windows, the last item you'll see is "Format: Windows."

You cannot use an iPod whose disk is configured for Macintosh on a Windows-compatible computer. However, you can restore the iPod disk to use it with a Windows-compatible computer. To do this, see "Restoring iPod to factory settings." While a Windows formatted iPod may work on a Mac, Apple supports this configuration only with iPod shuffle.

Back