iPod drama...

Dime5150

Registered
For those of you following the iPod update rumors etc.., the apple store lists all iPods now for 7-10 days for shipping. hmmm.... :confused:

I first thought from your thread title you were complaining about something that happened to your personal iPod...

Hmm... 29th is still a bit away, though. But Apple could surprise us (again)...

I would think most people would wait a couple of weeks and see what's coming and what the pricing will be.

That's what I did in December ... = got the iPod in January. Well, I'll be curious to see the 40 G iPod ...

I think that the 15 and 30G iPod rumor is BS. Why would Apple make two totally different iPods when they have two very good selling iPods right now.

By the looks of things, Apple is keeping the 10 and 20G. The 5G will not come back. The 10 will replace it and the 40G will take the top spot.

We will see the 10 and 20G shipping for quite some time. We just have to wait for the top shelf model.

if they could somehow slim the 5gb iPod down in price and size I would snatch it up instantly, $400 is just too much to pay for the 10gb heck $300 is too much to pay... :(

Price depends on what your going to use it for. Mine was $500 and it's worth it. From the stress free rush hours, thanks to good music playing though my car, to the massive amounts of storage for class projects. And, of course, the address book to remind me of all those phone numbers that I can't remember. :)

on macnn.com I saw that a dell rep had said they inked a new deal to sell apple music players and that dell would be selling them again "shortly." I see no point in dell restocking old iPod's if new ones are on the way; and if they do restock then mabye the iPods won't be out for awhile. I hope they come soon though, I want one.

I have no money. Does that mean I have no use for it?

Nope. You didn't set the price.

IF you had $500 woud you spend it on an iPod? Depends on how often you'd use it. maybe a cheaper alternitive would be better for you.

i think it's silly to get rid of the 5gb. i would need more, and most of you would need more, but keeping it and selling it for $199 would open up the market to a more economical group of people...

The iPod is definitely worth the money. If you think 299$ is too much and 199$ would be okay, wait a month or two and save a bit. THEN buy. It's worth it.

I must say, the iPod is one of those things that don't lose their worth as fast as other stuff. Gotta elaborate shortly:

Ever bought an MP3 player? It's cool for two days, after that you still get the envy from other people, and then you'll slowly start to stop using it. Depending on how you are built (mind-wise), it'll take a longer or shorter time. Because there's always one feature missing and or one thing is strange about it. The iPod, however, is different. Also: While your computer does not only get old compared to the newer models (those that always seem to be 'rumoured' just after you've bought an 'old' one), it also becomes obsolete faster, because newer software can do things you might WANT to do but (maybe) can't because your computer gets old. The iPod will play music in 10 years, like the CD player I bought 10 years ago. Unless I sell it or (knock on wood) it dies. Sure, some day there'll be newer, cooler, smaller (size), bigger (harddrive space) and more capable iPods (or something different). But the iPod will still be playing my tunes. I had 4 GB of music when I bought it and have about 5 GB now, half a year or so later. I might - someday - think the 10 GB aren't enough. But that'll be in a time when I might also want to replace it, because I need something that also holds my MPEG-4 movies.

well, an old computer can run software the newer one's do, just more slowly.

that's not the point, though. you shouldn't make the consumer sacrifice, when buying. apple should make ipod's as easy to buy and as fitting to the consumer as possible...

I like what fryke said. I agree . It will always play music. But the reason why I am waiting is because it sounds like an upgrade is iminent and it not being a time sensitive thing for me meaning I don't mind waiting a little bit, then I will wait. But if nothing comes out and its the beginning of May, I will go ahead and get one.

Apple has always been about quality. I can't see iPods price going down by a few hundred like people hope. Always had to pay a little extra for an Apple product and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Sucks but thats how it is I guess. ::alien::

Back