iPod ear-buds don't work on my ears.

Chuck Wehner

Registered
Does anyone else have this problem? I guess I'm a genetic freak of some sort since ear-buds just fall out of my ears. Most people have a slight protruding ridge at the base of their ears that allows ear-buds to be secure, mine don't. I would be interested in knowing how anyone else with this problem solved the issue short of throwing the ear-buds away and buying over the head or over the ear ear phones.

Are you this guy ?

(PM if you don't find this funny, I'll erase my post)

Attachments

• donald.gif
    donald.gif
    17.3 KB · Views: 11
Have you tried inner ear-earphones?

The Apple ones have different sized caps (so you can choose...)

I have the same problem..sort of. They will stay in my ears as long as I am not to active so for walking/joggin forgetaboutit. When snowboarding or using them in cold weather I wear a hat which also solves the problem. I did purchase a decent pair of headphones for like $20 for all other occations.

So you are not the only "genetic freak" out there with problems with the earbuds

It's not just you. I can use them for now - it's Winter, I wear a toque, and that keeps them in my ears. Once I get to work, I use a different set of headphones. I don't mind that much - the included ones don't sound like much.

I think I have found the ultimate solution "Griffin Ear Jams" they fit on Apple's Ear Buds and provide a secure and snug fit in your ears. Cost is about $9.00. No one told me about these I just stumbled onto them while looking at Griffin's web site but it was something I was thinking about as in why doesn't somebody make some sort of add on to ear-buds that would work.

I just bought a set of Griffen Ear Jams and am pleased. Had previously tried the in ear add-ons from Apple and couldn't use them. I believe the $9 quote is low, it's more like $19
All the best/æ

Thanks for the reply on Ear Jams I havn't bought them yet so its good to hear that they work. The price is right that I quoted (Mac Mall) Griffen's web site sells them for $15 if you paid $19 you paid way to much.

I have a similar problem... that cavity where the earbuds sit gets darned painful for me after a little bit. Even just letting the buds hang there and supporting the wire so there's very little weight at all is rough after a bit. I use full-sized headphones at work. They also help because I'm losing my office and moving back to a cube farm. Programmer -> cube farm -> open floor plan. Worst. Idea. Ever!!

I was complaining about my ear buds too but found out I had just chosen the wrong sized buds. My suggestion: start with the largest size first. My problem was that I started with the small ones and then went up to the mediums. Both were constantly falling out. And you look at the large buds and think,"there's no way my ear canals are that big!". Turns out mine are. I still can't wear my ear buds at the gym without readjusting them 400 times, but for normal everyday wear they work great now that I'm using the large size ear buds.

Back