iPod flash?

Quite a minimalistic interface. And with probably more than 12 songs on the thing, I don't want _not_ to be able to use songlists or other features - and they quite probably need _some_ kind of display. I say it's a fake and we'll see something else instead.

actually i think this might be the real thing (maybe will see some small revisions before its available). a friend of mind told me not too long ago about this convention his father was invited to and they showed off an ipod the size of a quarter....

maybe the flipside of the ipod flash has some sort of display...

technology is definitely here..if you've ever seen a nintendo ds game cartridge, that thing is TINY. basically its a little flash card holding more amout of memory than the legendary n64 cartridge could hold.

lol. i guess im trying to say - look at mario 64 ds, the game is unreal. the cartridge is tiny. i think soon audio files will see new compression to allow for under 1mb perfect quality songs, thus improving life on older, smaller ipods and bringing 128mb and 256mb flash player systems back to the market

nah think it's fake (or at least hope :confused: ), this looks a lot more real to me and a LOT nicer and apple like
iPod-micro.jpg

MMM please please please! would by in a snatch!

DJ Rep said:
nah think it's fake (or at least hope :confused: ), this looks a lot more real to me and a LOT nicer and apple like
iPod-micro.jpg

MMM please please please! would by in a snatch!
Wow, that is beautiful. Esp. like the key ring attachment (although having this on a key ring would guarantee it being scratched up beyond recognition within a week).

I think 4Gb and BT is going to be a bit of a stretch though (and 2006 is way too long to wait). :p

Wah! Don't quote pictures! ;)

That's quite a nice fake. I'd like that one, the keyring thingie, I mean... :) :) :) Although its screen has quite an off-worldy dimension and the port would take up too much space on the _inside_ of the device (if also a 2.5 mm headphone port is on either side, which is bad anyway, I want 3.5 standard!)... Someone's put quite a bit of work into this picture. Nice.

_that_ _second_ _picture_ _certailny_ _is_ _a_ _fake_ ! ! !

_i_ _hope_ _the_ _first_ _photo_ _is_ _also_ _fake_ ! ! !

_im_ _not_ _a_ _fan_ _of_ _the_ _iPod_ _flash_ _idea_, _but_ _i_
_certainly_ _hope_ _that_ _it_ _will_ _have_ _a_ _screen_ ! !
_otherwise_ _that_ _iPod_ _photo_ _looks_ _more_ _like_ _the_ _mp3_
_player_ _from_ _NIKE_ !!!!

i've been wondering for some time now how "healthy" that big firewire-connector on the ipod is - i mean, isn't there a big risk for shit and dirt to pile up in the rectangular-shaped hole and eventually block the purpose of the connector? why isn't there some sort of cover..? if the design in the pictures is like it will be, the flash ipod will be even more exposed to dirt etc as people may be using it as shown above, as a keychain for instance...

alex.

by the way i know this doesnt belong here, but id like to know WHO changed the links in my signatures and with WHAT PERMISSION ????

hmm good point maybe it should have some kind of a trapdoor like the PCMCIA port does on laptops

when i got my 3G ipod, it came with little plugs for the dock connector. I never really used them, but a nice thought. Also, I would definitely buy the flash iPod if it was similar to the keychain model in this thread. Wouldn't like the keychain idea, but a very similar design would be awesome. Also maybe put a small speaker, like the one in my iBook, so that you could put it on your desk without having to have your computer or speakers to listen without earbuds. Just an idea.

Back