iPod in hand by friday?

Dime5150

Registered
Ok i'm confused.

I ordered my iPod a few minutes after the site changed. On it it says "order today and get your iPod by friday afternoon"

I don't get that. The iPod says its not shipping until may 2nd. How can they promise to have it to you on that day?

Just wondering..

I bought an the 10 gig ipod on the 18th of April. I called my local apple store on Monday and they said to come back on Friday afternoon and I could exchange it for the new model. So the Apple Stores will for sure have them on Friday.

I called the Apple 800 number about that question. They told me that you WILL have it in hand on friday if you placed your order on April 28th. I ordered mine around 1pm pacific time. On the order status page it tells me that it will ship "on or before May 2." but on the phone they reassure me that I will have it in my hands on friday.....so we'll see....

I was also in the same boat, but the Apple CC person told me the opposite, he said that it will SHIP out on Friday, not be delivered. I didn't see the "in hands by Friday" on the website until after I had ordered, or I would have brought that up.

Yea it says on or before the 2nd. I'm wondering if they are gonna upgrade everyones shipping like they did previously with Mac OS X when it came out. They made a similar promise on that. We shall see.

I expect the apple stores would have the iPods by friday because the iPod party is gonna happen then and it says you get a shirt if you buy an iPod... now i gotta make up my mind if I wanna buy one...

i'm gonna go down to my local apple store friday afternoon and if they have any in stock to buy, i will buy them there. if not, i will place my order online and just wait till they ship them. :)

Hmm...yeah...Friday is May 2nd. Maybe they're shipping them out to people who preodered them already. They've got to be already shipping them out to the Apple Stores for them to be there on Friday.

I ordered mine immediately. I should get it by Friday or Saturday. ::drools::

Anyone want a 6 month old 20GB? :p

Originally posted by cieran
I ordered mine immediately. I should get it by Friday or Saturday. ::drools::

Anyone want a 6 month old 20GB? :p

You buying another one?

How about i offer you 299 for the 20 gb one. :p

I ordered mine immediately as well. Right after the page went up.

So did you order standard shipping? I'm not planning on getting mine friday or saturday since it says shipping on friday and they don't deliver saturday :(

The store no longer has the promise of having iPod in hand on friday if you order. Only was there yesterday and the day before. I still have recieved no reply from apple.com regarding this promise.

They shouldn't promise stuff they can't deliver on!

Originally posted by Dime5150
The store no longer has the promise of having iPod in hand on friday if you order. Only was there yesterday and the day before. I still have recieved no reply from apple.com regarding this promise.
Using logic, they must have already shipped out all Friday orders and can no longer deliver the promise of iPods on Friday, since it's too late now to ship it and have it arrive on Friday.

Checked the status of my order. Shipping method now says "priority overnite" . Looks like they are trying to make the promise. I hope it gets here soon! I'll post some pics of it when i get it!

;)

Back