iPod is synced to old computer and wont sync to new computer.

melindamckee

Registered
I had my iPod synced to my mother's computer(PC) when i lived with her, and i recently moved out and bought my own laptop(PC), i tried to plug in my iPod and transfer them to my new computer but it will not let me without deleteing all of my songs. Do i somehow get to my mom's computer and put all the songs on a series of CDS and then transfer them to my new laptop and them sync my iPod deleting all of my songs and then put them back on? or is there an easier way? i just want to plug in my ipod and play it on the freaking computer! this is so difficult. HELP!

You can transfer your purchased songs from the iPod by using "Transfer my purchased Songs" in the File Menu, but I don't think you can do that with all the other songs. It is saying this because it was connected to a different iTunes library (in this case your mom's) and now you want to sync yours, which results in your content being put onto the iPod and your mum's library's content to be removed. You can only get the purchased songs back, the others need to be transferred in a different way...use a memory pen for example. This doesn't just apply to music but also to everything else. (Pictures, Games etc)

Back