iPod market share in Europe?

ksv

web developer
Please help a fellow macosx.com member win an iPod :D
Does anyone know if the iPod market share in Europe in 10% or 40%?

Isn't it very, very nice to see Apple lead a market?

"At the beginning of the 21st century, Apple introduced iPod, the digital music player that was number one for more than a decade." (If they do this right...)

Thanks all, I really appreciate your effort ;)
A local Mac reseller had a summer contest for a 15 GB iPod. There were two easy questions to answer in addition to that about market share.
There was a pretty fair chance to win, considering the pathetic amount of Apple-knowers in the city, but I obviously didn't :p

At the time, you should have guessed anyway... or did you? I'd have said 40%, considering the iPod's success here in the States; it was likely to have been similar, which apparently they were.

arden, Europe is a little different...it's not an Apple priority. I have yet to see ONE Apple commercial on the telly. People seems to not even know who they are...

But apparently they recognize the iPod (being Windows compatible) for what it is: a superior music playback device with a cool form factor.

Everybody knows the look of the iPod in Europe, but no one knows it calls iPod, and of course they don't know it is a product by "Apple" (you mean.... that fruit?).

Apple has to start advertise their products in Europe! But it seems like they're going to the right thing (with all those great presentations in Apple Expo Paris this year). 2004, the year of Europe!

Originally posted by senne
Everybody knows the look of the iPod in Europe, but no one knows it calls iPod, and of course they don't know it is a product by "Apple" (you mean.... that fruit?).

Apple has to start advertise their products in Europe! But it seems like they're going to the right thing (with all those great presentations in Apple Expo Paris this year). 2004, the year of Europe!

Eh, sorry? You don’t thing highly of Europeans, do you?
All of my friends knows what an ipod is, both pc and Mac.
And off course we know it's made by apple..

Your right about one thing though. I have never seen any form of advertising for apple in Europe..

Maybe no Belgians have heard of Apple. That could be why "Belgium" is an offensive word in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series. :)

Eh, sorry? You don�t thing highly of Europeans, do you?...

Meh, in Germany most people think I carry a 'hearing aid' around when I take my 15G ipod out of the (apple) Carrying case. :confused:

Yesterday on TechTV they were saying how hip and cool the iPod was here in America. Apparently some music videos on MTV had a big does of iPod on 'em, and like everyone in the music industry has one of 'em.

I saw one in a Target ad recently.

Have the Germans never seen a music player before? I'd think even the iPod would be easily recognizable as such.

I often have the feeling I live in a hinterland when it comes to small practical/ computer devices. Sure everyone (besides me) owns a cell phone, but when I take out my ipod everyone is gazing and those 'whats this?' expression appears on their face. (wait until I tell 'em it can hold thousands of songs)
It seems people in my area don't recognize music player which don't look like a disc- or walk man.

Tell them it's a telepathic cell phone. It no longer requires you to speak; rather, the buds going into your ears receive your brainwaves and transmit to the person you're speaking with.

Then burst out with the ::ha:: ::ha:: ::ha::'s.

Originally posted by m.jo

All of my friends knows what an ipod is, both pc and Mac.
And off course we know it's made by apple..

you have to ask people who barely use a computer. Of course some pc-geek knows what an iPod is. But does your dog know? :confused:

?

Back