iPod Mini: should I?

Timmargh

Wheelchair hoodlum
The lovely iPod Mini is finally available for pre-ordering over here (UK) but while I know I'm going to get one at some point, I'm not sure whether or not to wait. While 4Gb is plenty of space for my needs, I'd hate to buy one only to see a new bigger, better, faster (more!) version get released a month later.

So, are they due to be updated anytime soon?

Also, when I do get one I'm thinking about the battery; I have many rechargeable devices in my home (phones, wheelchair, hoists etc.) and know the benefit of letting a battery run to nearly empty before recharging - is it possible to stop the iPod being charged when it's connected to my iMac or will it charge automatically as soon as it's plugged in?

There will always be newer, bigger, better, faster in the future. It can be 4 months or 11 months or 24 months. If I had a crystal ball, I'd be able to tell you, but alas, I do not have a crystal ball and I don't know any one who does have a crystal ball that can see into the future.

So, if you want it, and don't want to stand in line when they are delivered to the store, do the pre order. You will be glad you did.

Back