ipod music lost?

Mabeysk

Registered
I have an ipod formatted in fat-32 and want to retrieve my music from it before i wipe the hard drive and format it for my mac. i have virtual pc 7 but every time the ipod is in connection to windows 2000 it freezes. It will not mount through the disk utility (usurprisingly) in tiger.
Is there any way i can get the music off the ipod with only a mac?

if it's fat32 then you should be able to mount it fine in macos.

if you have "show hidden files" turned on, then you should be able to sift through the ipods folder system. that's how i originally got the music off mine when it was windows formatted. the problem is though, is it isn't in Music/Artist/album/song folder trees. it'll have about 50 folders named 01, 02, 03 etc with all the mp3 distributed evenly and randomply throughout. each song will be called 01.mp3, 02.mp3 03.mp3 etc.

it is a pain in the arse, you have been warned. it would be much easier to get an external fat32 disk and take the music from the windows pc to the mac via the frint door, not the back door you are trying to break in though.

Thanks Lt Major Burns. It should mount in OSX but its corrupt in places, so i can't even get in the back door. I've tried it on an XP pc, but i think its corruption is too great i think. I dont have the music on my computer because its a second hand ipod, dmetzcher. Theres just some really good music on it that I would like.

Back