Ipod music not storing to the right hard disk

Wrxified

Registered
I currently have all of my Ipod music stored on an external hard disk attached to my network through the Linksys Network Storage Link. My current music shows up fine through Itunes but when I go to import new CDs it still puts the music in my Itunes music folder on my Powerbook. I have my preferences set to the external hard drive.

Any idea why it still stores it in the wrong place or how to change it?

It seems that iTunes automatically saves any burned discs to your User/Music/iTunes folder, probably for legal reasons. It's a pain, but I just copy them off my computer's drive and onto my hard drive after burning, and then delete the originals in User/Music/iTunes.

Not sure how to fix this myself. ;(

Do you just drag the copy of the folder of the artist then from your external drive to the library icon in itunes then to map the song to the external drive?

I would imagine that telling iTunes where its new iTunes Music Folder is (in the iTunes Preferences) would fix this.

That's where iTunes will copy music to, and look for music.

texanpenguin said:
I would imagine that telling iTunes where its new iTunes Music Folder is (in the iTunes Preferences) would fix this.

That's where iTunes will copy music to, and look for music.

that was my assumption but it's not the case. i changed the location in the itunes preferences area and it finds the existing stuff buy still dumps it in the wrong location.

If the hard drive was actually attached to the computer changing to it would work fine, but with it being on the network it does not automatically save to it.

Back