Ipod Nano Linux Help

Brendan5647

Registered
I Have a Black Ipod nano and I really wanted a Video for X-mas but I got a nano. I seen that the linux can play video's on the nano but I really don't know what to do and I could use some help! Could you give me where to download the Linux and the step by step instructions??? This would be a big help! Thanks!!

Ya I go there but the thing is when I did that, my ipod got screwed up so I had to restart my WHOLE ipod.. I am going to wate till the Nano is supported because I don't want anything happening to it. It took me an hour to get my ipod back to date. I was not happy about this but I had to do it.

unlike you I am not rich. I can't buy a new one at the moment. I am a student so I don't make money.. plz I am not wanting to restart my ipod again

Brendan5647 said:
unlike you I am not rich. I can't buy a new one at the moment. I am a student so I don't make money.. plz I am not wanting to restart my ipod again

I say just be patient and wait it out. There is a chance that there will be a better video player coming down the line anyways. Dont risk ruining your gift. Plus I never understood why anybody would want to watch video on that tiny screen. That's just me though.

If you're not willing to suffer hardware issues and more than one reformat of the iPod, Linux isn't for you.

Lt Major Burns said:
Linux is not for the faint hearted.

Definitely not, and you have to reset your iPod to switch between the the OS's (Apple and Linux).

Also, it is not really worth it to watch video with iPod Linux yet: the only format suppported is uncombressed AVI, which takes up as much space as raw DV! It is also a MAJOR pain to convert it to the proper format.

The ability to play Doom is much more fun than watching videos, at least for a while!

Back