ipod phone

Hmmm... I expect that Apple + Moto will have a deal for getting iTunes software on the RAZR V3x 3G handset, which is due this quarter in Europe. Now if only they will get the damn phone software up to speed usability-wize I'm there!

Quicksilver said:
I've noticed that the sony W800i Walkman phone is quite easy to adapt to from a Nokia. The functionality is simple, a one button click and the phone turns into an MP3 player or a digital camera. And you don't have to have the headphones plugged in. I've also often found many people ask wether its a camera or a phone.

You just press the walkman button (it's located just below the screen) or press the play/pause button on the left side of the phone.

The camera is superb, as you rotate the phone to use it, and it's a landscape camera, the volume buttons now become zoom buttons and there is an independent button on the right side of the phone (which is now on the top) to take the image.

To access, just slide the shutter back, and you're using the camera.

I have a Siemens SF65 which is HORRIBLE ! Although it look's great the functionality lacks, the graphical layout is ugly and over complicated, apps are scattered around in stupid places, the phonebook is probably the worst I've ever used infact the only decent thing about it IS the way it looks. Anyone wana buy it? :D

Hopefully an 'Ipod phone' would have the looks of a Siemens or Moto with the functionality of the Nokia.

fryke said:
I'd hope they _wouldn't_ choose a carrier, but choose to be free of them. Just create a compatible world phone and let users actually _pay_ for the device without contracts for 1 or 2 years. That way, you can use the device with any carrier you like. Unless: I'm not sure how that is over there in the US... Here, if it's a GSM/GPRS/EDGE(+UMTS) phone, it'll work on any provider's net, basically.

It works the same way in the US if you're on a GSM provider like Cingular or T-Mobile. However most people buy their phones with 1 or 2 year contracts to save money. Since Apple's only way of making revenue from their phone would be from the initial sale, they would have to charge full price for the phone. The sticker shock of buying a phone for $400+ would turn many people away, even though they might actually be saving money in the long term.

Gig' said:
I'd be willing to pay the price for an iPhone like the one attached, the oled interface is brilliant and this ad http://mt.watchmactv.com/delivery/ondemand/iPhone/index.html

So would I Gig! I think if apple made a phone it may be marketed as a mobile ipod or somthing. One that has a phone as an added feature. And what is all that touch screen ipod talk? That feature could easily convert the entire interface to a phone and then to an iPod and vica versa.

I still don't think that the Sony W800i has the realtime switching and human interfacing between the music player and the phone mastered yet. But they are surley on their way.

If an ipod was built to make the switching between the phone/iPod really easy, then thats where i think the real phone sales factor is, and just being an ipod would sell it anyway. especially with a touch screen typed ipod nano looking one. it would truly blow all phone manufacturers out of the water.

I honestly think people would love it.

With that in mind, why is it that so many phones have horrible contact management, SMS entry and calender management? I mean: Do they not do focus groups?

The only smart phone which is worth my money is the Treo 650. But you can't go wrong if you use the Palm OS UI. ;)

Back