iPod Photo Store

Hmm... I think Google's image search is much better for iPod Photo owners. And it's free...

fryke said:
Hmm... I think Google's image search is much better for iPod Photo owners. And it's free...
hmm, google images might seem free.. but alot of their images have copyrights, so I wouldn't put them on my ipod. just imagine you get in to a razzia and they check your ipod for copyrighted files.. I hear jail sucks :(

goo said:
hmm, google images might seem free.. but alot of their images have copyrights, so I wouldn't put them on my ipod. just imagine you get in to a razzia and they check your ipod for copyrighted files.. I hear jail sucks :(

Read the small print on the linked site, they don't claim to own the copyright on any of the images they are selling either. And if you are the owner they promise to honor the C&D letter your layers send them. ;)

lurk said:
Read the small print on the linked site, they don't claim to own the copyright on any of the images they are selling either. And if you are the owner they promise to honor the C&D letter your layers send them. ;)
Yes, but at least I'm protected! With these cases the RIAA and so so make these days you can't be safe enough! And on a better note.. their stuff is real good looking!

goo said:

You can use copyrighted images for your own personal use legally.

$20 for 25 images? What's that saying about a fool and their money?

I wouldn't worry too much about having a photo on your iPod, so long as you're not charging people to view it. It's different than music and movies, in that the way you copyright an image is mostly different.

This would be no different than downloading an image and using it as your background image, it's fair use. Put it in a book, and sell it, you're asking to be sued.

Besides, no one is going to stand around the airport scaning peoples iPod's for stolen images or even music. There would no way to prove you didn't obtain the owners permission without contacting each individual images owner and asking. That would be impossible.

Also, as Lurk said, those images were likely compiled from other collections, and I doubt they obtained the owner's permission. Hence the note on the bottom of the page. In no way would you be protected, since buying stolen goods is still against the law.

Back