iPod Playlist Track Sequence

winsen

Registered
A playlist of podcasts I'd like to hear in a specific sequence will work as planned with iTunes, but when I try to play them in the same desired sequence after syncing with my iPod they act as if I've set the playlist to shuffle which I haven't. Any clues?

Thanks!

Winsen

Stupid question, I know, but are you certain you are playing your specific podcast playlist on the iPod and not the default podcast playlist? Just a thought.

The play order comes out of the sort order of the playlist in iTunes I thought. Try deleting the playlist then recreating it in the correct order in iTunes then synching it across to the iPod.

Well, I'm pretty sure I'm playing my specific podcast playlist. In any case, the playlist I'm playing has in it only the podcasts I've selected from my general, much larger, podcast list.

I can't create the playlist "in iTunes" if I understand what you're suggesting. My podcasts are in a variety of categories, from many different sources (NPR, PBS, various programs from those and other places, etc.). From those I wish only to select the items I'd like to hear, in the order I'd like to hear them, in any one session. To do that, I create a "LISTEN" playlist and drag the selections to that playlist. From there, I rearrange the order. Unfortunately, they don't play in the order I've rearranged. Therein lies my problem and frustration.

Still looking for a way to make this happen. Maybe a trip to the Genius Bar is in order. Ugh.

Thanks to both of you who've responded.

Sorry I wasn't able to help. I too listen to a self-created playlist of podcasts in a specific order, and my iPod will sync to that playlist and preserve the order I've arranged. Strange that yours won't do that.

I've still not made the podcast sort work properly -- well, actually, not at all. I can create a playlist of podcasts and they play in the order I wish from iTunes in my computer, but when I transfer them to my iPod, they get a mind of their own and play in scrambled order. I've even tried sorting by number after numbering each of the files the way I want them to play to no effect. Guess it's time for a trip to the Genius Bar and Grill!

Back