iPod problem

Martin1985

Registered
I've got a 60GB 5th Generation(?) iPod that I bought at the same time as my Mac Book Pro in August. It's been fine but recently, when i've tried to sync it with iTunes, i've had the following error;

"Attempting to copy to the disk "Martin's iPod" failed. An unknown error occurred (-48)."

I have tried 'resetting' me iPod a few times and starting fresh but it still seems to have this problem. Is this a common error? If so, how can I get round it?

Thanks!

Wrong forum. Moving it to iTunes/iPod crowd... Did you reset the iPod in the sense of rebooting it or of resetting it completely (reformatting it) with the updater tool?

I have the same problem now and again - i find just reformatting my ipod does the trick.

There are a few tips on the apple website which you could try.

Thanks guys!

Had some very strange problems since posting this... I plugged my iPod in yesterday to update it and noticed that the 'Manually manage music and videos' and the 'Enable disk use' boxes were ticked - which i've never ticked! So I unticked them and clicked apply and it told me that my iPod was synced with another computer! Seeing as I've not connected my iPod to another other computer it kinda confused me!

So, I did an 'Erase & Sync' and it worked fine after taking 2 hours to update (i have ALOT of music). Then I plugged in today and got the same (-48) error as before!

In answer to your question fryke, i reset it in the sense of reformatting it and starting fresh. I've had to do it 5 times in 2 weeks... That's not good, especially when it takes 2 hours each time!

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!

Try another connecting lead. I've had one fail. If that doesn't help then you may need to replace the Hard Drive.

By the way, "iPod problem" wasn't a very meaningful title, since everyone who posts here has an iPod problem. Please be more specific next time. You'll get faster and more helpful replies and you won't get oldies like me nagging you! ;)

Back