iPod Shuffle Take Apart (destroy)

its funny how the person says '...Make sure not to pull too hard! The ribbon wiring connecting the USB plug to the greenboard is short and rips easily...'

errr - hello? you just BROKE off the front dial! why worry about breaking something else?!

So, who's ordered a Mac mini just to tear it apart the day they get it. I'm very interested to see how similar the components in it are to the iBook/ Powerbook's. That's the only way I can see them fitting a fully functional computer in a package smaller than my iPod box.

No pull apart on the Mac mini yet, but there are some good snapshots of the interior and the logic board on the Apple site itself. Still, like all things Apple, it'll be the little details that impress.

On a more serious note, why does Apple use Lithium batteries for this and the iPod, knowing that they will need to be replaced? Money milker?

Lithium's don't die as fast. With Ni-MH or Ni-CAD you are supposed to let the battery drain completely before recharging. With lithium you don't have to do this so you don't kill your battery when you keep charging it at half charge.

Ha ha, I'm now realizing what a stupid question that was (yes, contrary to the saying, there are such things). All batteries need replacement eventually...

Myself, if something isn't DESIGNED to be taken apart, I usually won't bother to do so until/unless it dies & doesn't work any more.

Then it's called an 'autopsy'....

brianleahy said:
Myself, if something isn't DESIGNED to be taken apart, I usually won't bother to do so until/unless it dies & doesn't work any more.

Then it's called an 'autopsy'....

I usually call that situation a "repair". Unfortunately, I never get around to putting the things back together again... Then I call it "junk". I only perform autopsies when I know that I broke it too much to "repair". ::ha::

Back