-Improved alarm clock
-Fixed left/right channel swapping

New in Windows Update:

-USB2.0 sync
-Support for Audible.com
-Support for multiple iPods on one computer
-Shorter connection times
-Better overall performance.

i remembered one post about on-the-go playlists.
it seems like this update improves their functionality :)

Cool. Thank you very much for the heads up! Its not coming on my software update yet.

Well the clicks are gone! YAY! I'm very glad those were so annoying. Backlight works like its supposed to. (ie set it to 'always on' and when you engage it to be on it doesn't just auto shut off until you hold the menu button down).

Still don't have seamless track to track but thats something in iTunes I believe that needs to be fixed.

Okay, I have the old iPod. Where's my improved backlight!?

Ugh, this is the one thing that's bothered me about my iPod, and there they go and fix it. For a version I don't have.

Well I do notice that when you first push a button to take ipod out of sleep it turns on. Why? I just want the backlight to come on when i push and hold down menu and stay on while i'm clicking through looking for songs. Why is that so hard? Just like my cell phone does! Come on.

This update didn't seem to fix it like i thought.

I hope that it fixes my odd issue where a song will play the next song while in the middle of another... just abruptly stops, and plays the next track.

Originally posted by gerbick
I hope that it fixes my odd issue where a song will play the next song while in the middle of another... just abruptly stops, and plays the next track.

I believe that it is the mp3 that is the problem not the iPod. Even though iTunes will play it, iPod won't. Try to rerip the song.

Yeah, that's most likely the case. It's a bummer, though. My new iPod will trip up on mp3s that have a corrupted space in the file, but my old iPod and iTunes will play them. Sounds like a CD skipping when it plays it, or sometimes it sounds like the song rewinds for a split second then keeps going...you hear that in iTunes, it means the mp3 file is corrupted in that spot.

I guess the new iPods are a little more strict when it comes to corrupted files.

Since updating to 2.0.1, after ripping a few CDs my iPod refuses to sync with iTunes. Sometimes it connects as if it were a firewire drive (altho that is not checked) and sometimes says it synced when it didn't. I can get it syncing again by restarting. Sounds like a problem between iTunes and iPod. Anyone else have this problem since updating?

Back