iPod Touch Album Artwork Question

Girliegrl

Registered
Hi! I am having a problem with my Touch syncing all the album artwork. I see on iTunes that a majority of my albums have artwork, and it shows up on iTunes, but when I sync, it doesn't show up on the iPod. Yesterday I synced and one album showed up on the Touch. I was playing with the settings, but I don't know what I did right or wrong for that album. It synced some other albums at the same time, but no artwork for them...please help! Thank you!

Also, I am having problems getting on the internet, I can't seem to log on anywhere, home or away.

Hi Girliegrl and welcome to the forums.

When you say you cannot view the artwork on the iPod touch, am I correct in thinking you cannot view the artwork when using the iPod itself (e.g. when using Cover Flow), rather than trying to view the iPod's artwork through iTunes? If so, you could try a couple of things. You could switch off the iPod touch and then switch it on again; you switch off the iPod touch by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button until a red slider appears, and then sliding it. When you switch it on again, see if it has sorted itself out. If not, trying wiping the iPod touch clean and re-syncing from scratch. It might sound drastic, but it has been known to work!

Hi, and thanks for your reply. Yes, I cannot view the artwork when I am using the iTouch, it is visible on iTunes, however. I turn off the iPod completely when I am not using it, so that hasn't seemed to help. I guess I can try wiping it clean, although that scares me a little! I think I will be near an Apple store this weekend, so I will ask them.
Thank you!

If re-syncing does not help, I can think of two other ideas:

1) Reset the iPod touch by holding down Sleep/Wake and Home buttons together for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

2) More drastically (not too bad though!), you could try the Restore option from within iTunes. You will reset it to being essentially a new, blank iPod and you will need to re-sync everything, but it does sometimes sort out problems.

Let me know how you get on at the Apple Store. Good luck!

Back