iPod Touch Showing Connect to iTunes screen after hard reset

toxictaipan

Registered
EDIT:
Okay, good news. I just thought to plug my headphones in and press the pause/play button to see if any songs would play..... My music started playing!

So apparently all of my data is still on the iPod, I just need to connect to iTunes. If I encounter any more problems I'll let you guys know.

However, while everything seems to be okay, I would still like to know what happened so that I don't do it again. Like I said, I've done hard resets before whenever my iPod would freeze up, so I don't understand what went wrong this time around (it's just my luck that it would happen when I don't have access to iTunes for a few days, too >.<).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay guys, here's the deal.

I was noticing some distortion on my iPod Touch's external speaker when the volume was turned up all the way, did a Google search, read a few things. One suggestion was to hold down the power button and home button at the same time to do a "hard restart." I've done this a couple times before whenever my iPod would freeze up (and nothing bad has ever happened), so I figured it couldn't hurt and gave it a shot. My iPod powered down, I gave it a second, and turned it back on...

Now when it starts up I see the connect to iTunes screen. I won't have access to iTunes until the weekend, so what do/can I do?

Did this erase all of the data on my iPod? As long as everything goes back to normal when I connect to iTunes, it's not really a big deal. But if it erased all my data, then I'll be a little upset, because I just downloaded a new album and haven't had a chance to back it up. I'll hate to have wasted $8 just like that.

TL;DR: I did a "hard restart" on my iPod Touch and now when it turns on, I get the connect to iTunes screen. I won't have access to iTunes until the weekend. What can I do in the mean time, and did this erase all the data on my iPod?

Last edited:
Back