iPod updater

rugbymouth

Registered
Does anyone out there have, or know where I can find, this iPod Updater application?

So after 1 day of use my new iPod died :-( I've spent two days on the phone with apple and they have come to the conclusion I need to restore my iPod using the iPod Updater application. Sounds like a plan although nobody at apple can find this utility. Apparently it was on their software updates web site for a while and got pulled on Nov 10th for reasons nobody knows. They can't tell me when it will be available again so for now I have a beautiful $400 paperweight on my desk.

FYI: According to Apple, the iPod will not Sync in OS X.1 unless your OS X system is using HFS+. I am using UFS on my OS X disk and it would not sync up (back when my iPod was working)

Thanks,

-Kevin

It's there, but when you click on the link to download the file it just gives you an error message.:rolleyes:
You'll just have to wait until it's back up.

Thanks Guys! It seems that the iPod Updater has been pulled from all the different web sites. From what I've read the "updater" seemed to corrupt the iPods so it was taken offline to be re-engineered.

I guess I have to sit tight for a little while and just use my iPod as a firewire disk. Oh well, at least I have a backup of $HOME now!

Thanks for everyone's advice.

-Kevin

Back