iPod video converter??

blue gekko

I *heart* Mac
Hey guys, I have an iPod video and several mpgs to put on my iPod, however... They aren't in the correct format!! I know Quicktime 7 pro is one way, and there are video converters for PC but I havn't come accross any for Mac... Is there any way I can put the video's on my iPod so they are in the correct format??

unless it is in a really weird format, you should be able to bring it in to iTunes, Right (or control) click, and choose "Convert selection for iPod"

Ok, I tried it BUT!! It only "Half Worked"... By that I mean, the video was converted but no sound came with it!! How do I get the sound to come with the video???

google for ffmpegx. it's a free video encoder for virtually every file format, and now has an iPod feature, i beleive.

iSquint is free, fast, very easy to use, is universal and more than likely works with mpeg videos. From their website:

"You can also choose "TV" or "iPod" size, set your quality, or even go all-out by playing in the Advanced drawer.
On a 1.5GHz G4, iSquint can convert most video files to iPod-screen-sized videos in realtime."

Squint is free, fast, very easy to use, is universal and more than likely works with mpeg videos. From their website:

As far as I know iSquint is also based on ffmpeg.

I had a strange experience with iSquint, so I guess I'll tell it just in case it helps anyone: The first converted videos I made wouldn't play, so I opened the advanced drawer and filled in every single entry field (fps, kbps, etc.) and then it worked fine. Don't know if anyone needed that information, but there it is.

Yeh that's kinda what happened with me when I used ffmpegx, I could play the video but there was no sound :( So I went in and filled out some of the advanced stuff and it worked fine! :)

Back