ipod vs zen micro

CharlieJ

R.I.P bobw
my mate is going to buy a mp3 player what should he get ipod or zen.
can you tell me differences specs similarities and more

It depends which Ipod you compare it to. As it doesn't have a colour screen I'd compare it to the Ipod mini. The main difference then is that the Zen is ugly in comparison to the mini. It also has a shorter battery life but apart from those two they're pretty much the same. It depends really if your willing to substitute style, credibility and battery life for an FM radio.

Just my opinion though. :D

CJ MAC OSX IPOD said:
my mate is going to buy a mp3 player what should he get ipod or zen.
can you tell me differences specs similarities and more
Bloomin heck kid, what's with all those iPods in your sig?

Anyway I'm glad you brought this up as I've been pondering about getting a player and was looking at the Zen earlier. I may just get something for video and keep this iPod shuffle I've been using, if your mate only needs a few albums at once, it's a really great player, I'll never have the need for my entire music collection with me. I can wear it under a t-shirt and it weighs nothing. I can't help with the other iPods as I've never tried them.

i would certainly go iPod over Zen. it's just the inspiration for the imitation, and it gained it's popularity for being just the easiest damn thing to use - mp3's can be very complex, if not done well. you can plaug the ipod into your computer, install itunes, itunes finds your music and loads it all onto the ipod, keeping it up to date. i can find any song in the 7500 i can fit on my 40gb in less than 10 seconds. amazing.

it is a little heavy though, so i'd go for a mini. i can't carry all my music on a 60gb, so hung for a lamb or a sheep, i may as well have a 6gb. it's a LOT lighter

That's what I was going to say, unless he has lot's of ears and actually not from Essex but from Rigel 7!!
;)

let's see - macosx.com forum, what will they say?
"OMG - don't even think about the iPod! Zen is cosmic! The iPod - just style - no substance"???

/hits play on 40 gig 4g iPod and enters Zen
;)

My biggest problem with the Ipod was BATTERY, that's the main reason why I purchased the Zen Micro. I don't care if the Ipod mini battery lasts like 5 hours longer then the Zen. The zen micro comes with a removable battery and you can purchase a new 1 from there website (www.creative.com)for about $50 and replace it yourself HASSLE FREE.

BOTTOM LINE IF IT DOESN'T HAVE A REMOVABLE BATTERY IT ISN'T WORTH BUYING.

101 said:
My biggest problem with the Ipod was BATTERY, that's the main reason why I purchased the Zen Micro. I don't care if the Ipod mini battery lasts like 5 hours longer then the Zen. The zen micro comes with a removable battery and you can purchase a new 1 from there website (www.creative.com)for about $50 and replace it yourself HASSLE FREE.

BOTTOM LINE IF IT DOESN'T HAVE A REMOVABLE BATTERY IT ISN'T WORTH BUYING.

After buying 8 batteries in the time it takes one iPod battery to die, you'll probably change your mind. (8 * 50 = 400)

---

CJ: Tell him to go with the iPod. If you want specs, why not look at them on Apple's site? Though, shouldn't you know them given the amount your signature says you own?!?

mdnky said:
After buying 8 batteries in the time it takes one iPod battery to die, you'll probably change your mind. (8 * 50 = 400)

---

CJ: Tell him to go with the iPod. If you want specs, why not look at them on Apple's site? Though, shouldn't you know them given the amount your signature says you own?!?

You had to replace your Zen battery 8x? Wow I haven't replaced mine yet, and my battery lasted longer then my best friends who has a Ipod. She replaced hers the first 8months of purchasing her Ipod.

well i decided to get a zen micro in order to give something other than an iPod a chance. Turns out the risks outweigh the benifits. Yes, it is nice to be able to listen to FM radio, record it, or record yourself speaking, but when I tried to use the Zen in its Removable disk mode with a Mac, my computer basically blew up. Everything froze, it screwed up everything on the partition, and my Zen also froze. So it seems that Creative dislikes Apple quite a bit. I might keep my Zen Micro if our school didnt loan each student out an iBook G4 for the entire school year. In a day or two im gonna go return this and treat myself to the seamless integration of the iPod between the two operating systems.

101 said:
You had to replace your Zen battery 8x? Wow I haven't replaced mine yet, and my battery lasted longer then my best friends who has a Ipod. She replaced hers the first 8months of purchasing her Ipod.

No, my Aunt foolishly bought one for her youngest son (16) for x-mass last year. They had nothing but problems with it...went back to the store twice for new ones, 3 in all, and still had issues. He's extremely happy with his blue mini...not an issue since getting it. Also a lot easier to use, according to him.

Back