iPod2 ??

senne

Registered
Does anybody know some news about a new iPod? Because i don't want to buy an iPod and see shipping iPod 2 a week later or so...

SENNE

From As the Apple Turns:
First up: iPod revisions. Well, the fact that the iPod is going to undergo an upgrade in the not-too-distant future probably is a dead cert, seeing as Toshiba will be shipping a 10 GB version of its teensy hard drive within the next thirty days or so; the question, however, is whether Apple is just going to bump up the product's storage capacity, or if something more significant is waiting in the wings.

Didn't you have a post like this before?

nope, but i did find something on spymac.com about the ipod

Updated iPod soon (02/21/2002) (12:03 A.M. MST) posted by Webmaster from the rumor department.

Apple plans on releasing an updated iPod before the end of March, Spymac has learned.

The update will increase the unit's available storage -- up to 10GB -- while maintaining the same price point.

Although an iPod firmware update for the original iPod will be released at the same time, Spymac currently has no information regarding any planned enhancements or features.

While this update may seem relatively soon, the iPod currently faces fierce competition by the Jukebox Multimedia 10 Portable Entertainment Center, a soon to be released 10GB Multimedia/MP3 player that supports USB 2.0 and Firewire connectivity. The Jukebox Multimedia, which is both Macintosh and Windows compatible, boasts features such as a color LCD screen, composite video output and a built-in microphone.

It is unclear whether Apple will continue selling the current model at a reduced price.

and something about windows compabillity........ (i hate that)

SENNE

I really would take anything on Spymac with a pound of salt. Any rumor is just that, but Spymac has proven that they'll post anything.

The < sarcasm > oh-so-reliable < /sarcasm > Mac OS Rumors reckon that the next update to the iPod will be to have a built-in CD-RW drive... yeah, right....

hehe, yes, spymac is not so reliable.... but, i do think that there will be an iPod 2 shipping out soon, but certainly NOT windows compatible!! I hate that phrase... ieuw!!

SENNE

there is an iomega MP3 player that will burn mini-cd's directly in the device... i'll post something when i find a source for it... i saw this in a magazine...

imo the ipod is a waste of money. I bought one, and rarely ever use it. ;) regardless, it is pretty.

imo the ipod is a waste of money. I bought one, and rarely ever use it. regardless, it is pretty.

I think you have to be the right type of person. I have a rio which is even smaller niche because you don't have a week of music, you have 2 hours. I'd get an iPod but I need to spend money on something that actually has firewire first.

The ipod is for people who love music. Some of my friends ask "Why would you want 1000 song?" They just are alirght with one CD. Its for a different kind of person. Now i just have to buy one. I would take it everywhere :).

i want one becaue 1) it looks cool and 2) a guy at school has one and he uses it for music and to transport his files. That'd be awesome and more reliable than a zip, and eaiser than buring a CD everytime.

I hope a new one comes out soon. Maybe then the ones out now will drop in price.

Twister

Cool, but i don't think that you can "prop" an XMreceiver in iPod, the ipod is so small, and it already has a 10gb harddrive...

Tsja.

senne.

(don't mind the dutch words i use)

Back