Ipod's Secret?...

CreativeEye

Registered
'...iPod is a ground-up reconstruction, and its really compelling applications — the ones that very well might get the goat of anyone unable or unwilling to upgrade — are still secret. All that Apple is saying is that there's more to this than what's being publicized....'

Did I miss something? What's the big secret?

full article here - http://www.time.com/time/gadget/20040728/

The quoted part, by the way, is at the very end of that article. And: No idea what they're talking about. And I haven't read anywhere else that this should be such a 'big' overhaul. Right now, I'm thinking: Ah, well, let's wait and see... ;-) But I don't expect this 4G iPod to suddenly turn into a PDA through a firmware update in the future, really. ;-)

These are all smallish issues, ones that probably shouldn't plague you if you bought an iPod two weeks before this one came out. But you should know that internally the new iPod is a ground-up reconstruction, and its really compelling applications — the ones that very well might get the goat of anyone unable or unwilling to upgrade — are still secret. All that Apple is saying is that there's more to this than what's being publicized.

If you're thinking about finally getting an iPod, now's your chance. If you're thinking about handing down your current iPod and getting a new one with a bigger hard drive, now's your chance. But don't feel pressured into upgrading, because no major bragging rights will go to the possessors of these latest iPods. That is, not yet.

That really is crazy. Basically, there telling us that thing is able to fly or perform magic once apple says "open sesame" I'm going to have to say it has something to do with third party application support.

perhaps it does have a colour screen after all, and Apple just haven't installed any software/firmware to take advantage of it yet.</joke>

It probably just floats if dropped in the toilet. Could be handy on my next flight overseas. "Passengers, in case of a water landing please look under your seats for an ipod, this will serve as your floatation device, should we happen to crash in shark infested waters"

What good is floating, when there are sharks around? They can still grab your feet and pull you down. What you need to do in case of sharks, is link all the batteries up in series, and then connect a set of wires (cut headphones would work) and zap the shark on the nose before it has a munch on your arm/leg/torso/head.

Or better yet, the iPod automatically starts playing a low frequency sound upon contact with salt water that drives sharks away. Of course, you need to download a firmware upgrade to get this to work.

What if Jobs new of real trick befor it was announced to the public and held back on the best of the best in the software update. He knew that if he released all the bells and whistles to early then everyone would get these great software updates and woudn't want to update quickly. However, if jobs decides to block rhapsody and there isn't something super cool with itunes 4.7 or beyond some may stay behind so they can downloads real's 79 cent songs.

iPods have GPS inside, they record all what you say and transmit your words and position to Big Brother Steve. He is listening to you ! He controls you ! You, Robots !

Back