is 10.1 supporting the "iSub"???

tazmandevil

Registered
owner of a harman kardon iSub.... longer wondering, why this feature was'nt supported, by the new OS!

since 2-3 months, i read from apple, that a support "may be" in one of the next OS!

is it supporting iSub now or not? *wonderwonderwonder*

:confused:

and, by the way, are there more printer-drivers, like for HP office Jet G55 (all-in-one)????

I keep hearing that the iSub isn't supported by Mac OS X.0.
I own an iSub and have been using Mac OS X since March 24th and the whole time, my iSub has worked fine.:confused:

P.S. This is my 100th post:)

hmmm.... funny. Somebody told me that too, but he sounds not competent.... in fact, i read an article on the Apple til's that iSub isn't supported..... and my iSub is also not working!.... (also don't show's his icon in the Sound-Settings)...

is it possible, that you also have the iSticks?.... i own only an iSub! Possible it only works together with OS X!?! Or it is a problem of USB, not connected to the iMac directly, but to a keyspan USB-Hub...
:-(

hmmmm, do you get some special drivers with the iStiks?.... iSub was without.... could you send them to me, if so?

Originally posted by tazmandevil
is it possible, that you also have the iSticks?.... i own only an iSub! Possible it only works together with OS X!?! Or it is a problem of USB, not connected to the iMac directly, but to a keyspan USB-Hub...
:-(

There actualy called Sound Sticks and yes I do have them. I don't remember having to install anything extra.:rolleyes: Yeah I'm pretty sure I just plugged it in and it worked.

I have asked the iSub/10.1 question in this board as well. No one has indicated the iSub does or doesn't work with 10.1. However, many keep confusing the iSub with the Sound Sticks/iSub package. There is a difference.

In any version of OS X prior to 10.1, the iSub would not work as an independently sold unit. Only the version that came with the Sound Sticks worked. In fact, there is reportedly a hardward difference between the independent iSub and the iSub bundled with Sound Sticks. I don't know if the details, but that is what I've been told.

I have no idea if the independent iSub works with 10.1, but I'm not going to be too happy if it doesn't. I bought the iSub directly from Apple's, which at that time, made no mention of the fact it was not compatible with OS 10.0.x.

Installed 10.1 (5G64) tonight and my iSub works. :cool:

Now, if I could only control the volume of the iSub separately from my Apple Pro speakers. Oh well, maybe 10.1.x or 10.2.

- Mike

what a shame ... what then uses the "multimedia" capacities of 10.1, if there isn't a way to enoy it with good sound?.... except that, the isub was 100.- sFr... why they do so, without telling anyone something about incompatibilities??...

Back