is a phone/pod/mouse combo possible?

i'm not sure about that, but i like the rotary scroll wheel! there's no real advantage to it other than being different, but i still think it's cool. now when are they going to add a second button? ^_^

the "sketch" at looprumors is about as rediculous a device as i've ever seen. i lose more respect for that site every day.

Wow. Those rumourheads are fast sometimes. Too fast, sometimes. The patent application has been misinterpreted. This _IS_ about the iPod's scroll wheel. Not about the use of it in a computer mouse... *sigh*

athough i do like the render that mfsri linked to, pretty classy looking and has 2 buttons :)

I love the idea of being able to carry around your Home directory and having it wirelessly link up with what ever computer you walk up to.

I think that a mouse phone ipod is too much... it wouldn't even be that good to use (unless apple really engineered the monster). but looprumors has been right on a lot of the stuff they have posted, they would get higher marks for speculation then a lot of other sites out there...

Originally posted by hellatoms
I love the idea of being able to carry around your Home directory and having it wirelessly link up with what ever computer you walk up to.

That would truly be a great idea. Imagine a cell phone, MP3 Player, PDA, HD, and mouse all built into one. Apple could open up 'portals' all over the world. It would simply be a station with a screen, alls you'd need with you is your all in one mouse device. The scroll wheel could be like the Kensington one, with no moving parts. So you walk up to the display, touch the scroll wheel on the mouse, which establishes a link and the built in fingerprint scanner would automatically log you in if you were in the database. :) Every application would be installed on this portal, but to determine whether you could use certains ones, your mouse would store the registration key if owned. It would also store your entire home directory, etc. Imagine the possibilties! :) Still years to come, but would be cool.

I just think it would be funny to see someone walking around holding their mouse to their ear.

Talking to it, even.

On second thought, that reminds me of my crazy uncle Larry. Oh, how he liked that computer :p .

This is one of the dumbest ideas! If this happens, I will be very embarassed to be a Mac user, but I highly doubt it will.

Yeah....very dumb idea. Think of the field day a hacker would have if everybody were connected to one database...

Like I said, years to come. I think something like this would be very likely in the future though. Maybe not so much in the sense of a mouse/mp3 player combo etc, but like a small device or credit card that would carry all your info. You could use it as a credit card, id card, it would contain all info. Store programs you're allowed to have access to, mp3s that you have the right to listen to or copy, etc.

Back