Is Dell desparate or what?

dell are some SOB's. someone should offer they same deal for there super lemon computers. at my work, I had to replace the cd-rom 3 times, my battery needed to be replaced, my coworkers hard drive only lasted 3 months ... and i could go on and on about how generic dell computers are.

How funny! There's nothing that would get me to buy a DULL...

Slightly off topic - I do think Apple could help the switch campaign by offering trade ins on Windoze software though...

I'm sure the prospect of having to buy ALL their software from scratch is a bit daunting for many people - irrespective of the prices of Apple hardware...

That's probably the only strategy to get some place on this already saturated market.

Yeah, this is desperate and pretty much ashaming. It's like they announce they can't offer something great like the ipod and beg for alms. :)

applewhore said:
Slightly off topic - I do think Apple could help the switch campaign by offering trade ins on Windoze software though...

That sounds like a really, really good idea, actually. Same for hardware. Apple could probably donate the equipment for a tax write-off or sell it, though transferring software licenses is always a bit iffy.

Can't see Apple doing this, though, it constantly amazes me what few lengths they go to, to try to increase market share...

I like the idea of having Apple trade in their software - itd let a lot of people who put off switching solely because of the money issue have a greater chance to try out a Mac.

BUT, how much would it cost Apple? Theyd have to pay (say) 50% of the retail price of software, for everyone who switches. Thats gonna come to a huge sum, even at today's rate of switching. If Apple announcced that theyd do this, how many more people would switch? how would Apple afford it all?

(not that i want to dampen the fire) I see Dell's point, from a marketing POV, though... I was talking to a windoze-using mate of mine who's gripe with the iPod was that it was overexpensive, and people bought it solely because Apple had a better advertising campaign than other MP3 player manufacturers. (Hes not a mac fan.... though doesnt seem to have all that much of a reason why...)

Back