Is Diskwarrior still the best for optimizing?

Ed, I've been through that...out of foolishness I once force-quit Norton Speed Disk,and booted to find myself in other OS 9 installation I had...WTF? where's my main partition? it was totally whacked and TTP could do nil...norton did resurrect it, but since then, I've kept safe...
No norton for me other than old and verified one...and a lot of DW:)

yep. that was foolishness alright. :D

but for those who are following along, TTP and Diskwarrior/Plus Optimizer allow you to quit during the process. get started and suddenly realize that you need the computer before it will be done - just stop and quit. do it all over again later. no big deal.

but again, i recommend doing most of the work at nite while you sleep. occasionally there is n emergency that requires diskwarrior right away, but really most of my repairs are just for maintainence. little things do get out of whack over time and doing a repair beyond that of disk utility/fsck seems to put them back in place. there is something it resets that seems to connect the desktop to my HD and my FW drive, but that always goes away as soon as the cron runs. that is the only 'wierd' thing i have ever encountered from using it.

Just check out the picture of "Doctor" Norton on the box (Ok, of a few years ago) and you can easily see he has no lenses in his glasses, showing him to be a complete charlatan, shurely!?

So no one's got a spare Speed Disk Profile optimised for OS X then? (but machine now significantly faster after OS9 "Speed Disk"ing on the "General" profile)

Originally posted by DMCrimson
The profile mentioned earlier is on the first page of this thread...

Mea Culpa :( didn't spot the subtle underlining - hope to thank fully later, assiuming the drive survives :D

Back