Is it a good idea to update airport base station (graphite) firmware?

Ifrit

Registered
Recently I purchased a (new) graphite Airport base station. (which has been "lurking" in the shop for months/years and after a radical price drop I had to get it) The said airport station is working really well with no problems so far and is really easy to configure.

Software Update offered a new firmware version for it. So, is it save to upgrade?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I have the snow base station and haven't done any upgrades, It's working very well.
Download the update to your desktop and save for possible future use if necessary.

And for 'the other side': Do the update. I've had such a graphite base station and it has served me well until I've got something else and gave the graphite one to my sister. However, the firmware had some bugs and would sometimes even just lock up (so a restart was needed). I'd update to the latest available firmware.

I agree with Bob... I even carry the philosophy with system updates. I check what is supposed to be updated and if I don't use the app, or I'm not having problems with the system, I don't update.

Thank you for your replies, therefore I'll decide to follow the saying "Never touch a running system". I've read somewhere that the latest airport base station FW update introduced a lot of problems. So, I wasn't sure if an update would be such a good idea.

Back