Is it just me or is apple changing it's font?

JetwingX

iWork for Apple <3
because compare this
quicktime6title07142002.gif

to this
indexsubwhyswitch06062002.gif

someone tell me that there font is changing:confused: :confused:

Apple started using Myriad as the font for the eMac name. They've been using it for lots of stuff since then.

Consider it a minor corporate rebranding.

I think after 20 years, changing their corporate font is probably a good idea. The last thing they want to do is seem dated. I noticed their new turn in branding a while ago and was really happy about it. I think they've made a great choice for a new font, that still has a lot of the same type of class and attitude, even though it looks completely different.

The new 17" iMacs are shipping with their name on the display in Myriad as well. Not quite sure if the 15" iMacs have changed yet.

pretty sure it's the new font on the back of the new iPods as well...though my 10gb has yet to ship so i won't know for sure ....grr

i think the first Mac that shiped with that font was the eMac :::looks to the left::: yep i am sure about it :D

*moderator's note - it has come to my attention that myriad is a copyrighted adobe font. links to aquire it will not be allowed on this site. as such the content of this post has been removed. *

The Myriad font was used in the Newton project's printed materials extensively. My eMate 300 has this font. :) and now the eMac...

Yeah, I have ordered the new iMac 17" and heard that the word "iMac" is printed by Myriad too.

Originally posted by Snyper M
pretty sure it's the new font on the back of the new iPods as well...though my 10gb has yet to ship so i won't know for sure ....grr

my 20gb iPod has it in Myraid as well...

Myriad is used because it is more modern than their older Garamond Narrow font... I wish my new iBook came with the Myriad font on it...

I believe that Apple uses the font called Gadget or Frutiger on their site. I don't have a sample or a pic but that's just what I think.

please be aware that it has come to my attention that myriad is a copyrighted adobe font. any attempts to share it on this site will be removed. participation in any form of warez trading is not allowed on this site.!!

The new font that Apple's using is really awful compared to how nice and classy Apple Garamond was. I don't think there was any real need to move to a newer font. And even if they wanted to, couldn't they have used something a lot better? It kind of makes the Macs look goofy.

Back