is it possible to retract unread messages with Mail?

Not sure, sorry, but my common sense says it probably isn't possible. I remember the feature from when I used Outlook in a corporate environment, and I think it's a server-based one.

I am self-employed now and some time ago I got a 'retract message' request from a client of mine, who works for an organisation. I know they use Outlook that would have made it impossible for me to read his first message, but now in Mail I could still read it.

You mean, you would like to "un-send" the e-mail you just sent? Most likely, no. I am only aware of this feature in AOL, when one AOL member is sending mail to another AOL member.

.... I know they use Outlook that would have made it impossible for me to read his first message, but now in Mail I could still read it.
I have a similar experience with my firm's Exchange server. Messages can be retracted, but they remain completely accessible via Entourage 2004 and the Exchange Web Access client. As others have stated before, AOL is the only system I am aware of that allows sent messages to be retrieved unread.

with m$, it is a function of the exchange server and not outlook itself. If you are using outlook with a pop server, you cannot recall a sent email.

Though I haven't tried it, I saw an apple.com page saying that the mail app does work with exchange. I would guess it behaves more like entourage and ignore the requested recall.

Back