Is it possible....

The connections are different. Apple uses a smaller "ADC" connector which is pin-less and also carries audio, AV and USB, making it easy to build these features into the display.
I think there might be third-party adapters out there that will allow you to connect an Apple monitor to a VGA output, but I doubt you will get it to work correctly as there will be no drivers available. The studio display uses a resolution not common on PCs, I think.

The long and short of it is that, yes it is possible, but it isn't likely to be easy and you will undoubtedly meet all sorts of problems.

Uh. Currently the 17" is the same aspect as a "standard" monitor and uses standard resolutions, 800x600 up to 1280x1024, although it has a few extra resolutions (800x640 & 1024x820)

I think it should be possible with one of Apple's DVI-ADC adaptors. Can't say anything for sure, though. And any Apple tech you ask will probably answer "no" without actually knowing if it's possible :)

If you get one of the DVI to ADC connectors it will work fine given that you video card has a dvi out.

If you are trying to go the analog route - don't. It is cheaper to just buy a new video card with DVI out.

-Eric

I was planning on upgrading my video card to one with the DVI output plus more RAM. Thanks for all of the replies, I appreciate it.

Back