Is it Safe to Get Rid of These Languages

BIGDOGquake3

Get It, BIG MAC! ::ha::
Well, I realy whant to know what they are. I have alredy gotin rid of the ones I've checkd. Is it safe to get rid of the others?

do you plan on needing any other language than english? if not, you are safe to delete them all. they are just language packs, not essential to your system in any other way.

You can really delete all of them that you are planning to use. The difference is about 300 MB.
I have now 2 or 3 languages left, and the next clean install will be English only.

Oh - even deleting those you will still be able to see e.g. Japanese or Korean letters correctly - in case of casual surfing etc.

Getting rid of French will be a great relief ;)
More seriously, you're 100% safe doing this.

oh, and don't install any language updates from now on. :D you won't have to get rid of them if you don't have them in the first place.

Oh - by the way - why are some updates so huge? E.g. iphoto.. I have been too lazy to have a look what the updates contained = whether the updates have all the language packs.
Having a second look with monolingual -after some of the updates- does not reveal any language packs ro remove but I suspect there are. I really would not prefer to download the iphoto containing norwegian, korean etc languages that I can't read and that I will 150% not use my mac in.

Back