is php the language to write this?

Firepoet

Registered
So I'm sending this poster around the world, and I need to e-mail people to tell them the poster is on the way there. So I want a script that will automatically send a pre-composed e-mail to the next person on the e-mail list. I'm thinking they'd go to a site and check off a box that they sent the poster, and they'd hit send and that would execute the script to auto send the e-mail. Is php the language I want to use to do this?

Yes you could do that in PHP including tracking where the poster currently is. You'd just have to create a database with the relavent data like email addresses and locations etc and then you could use PHP to do what you're asking.

Yeah, that sounds good for PHP, python, Perl, whichever. And regarding Captain Code's comment on a database, I guess it depends on how many people there are. I think a multilayered array would work pretty well if you don't have excessive amounts of people.

You could do this in a whole bunch of languages. The question is, which one do you know?

Where is the recipient address info currently stored? What format is it in?

Back